- Construction companies: Ferrovial Agromán S.A., Ocinsa Obras y Construcciones, S.A., in a temporary joint venture (UTE)
- Construction year: 2007
- Work carried out by GRUPO COPUNO: Underground station attached to the layout of the current tunnel that crosses Zaragoza and connected to it. It consists of a prism-shaped surface building measuring 22m x 21m x 7.20 high. Attached to this other 14x14m prism. It has a central platform and two parking lanes on both sides. Various formwork works were also carried out in the tunnel and other miscellaneous works.
- Location: Calatayud, Zaragoza, Spain.
- Other relevant information:
– The “El Portillo” Tunnel and stop is a civil engineering work that consists of the construction of a 250-meter-long tunnel and a stop on the Madrid-Zaragoza high-speed line.
– The work was awarded to the Ferrovial-Agroman-Ocinsa joint venture for an amount of 20 million euros.
– The construction of the tunnel was carried out with a rock tunnel boring machine, with a simple shield and manufactured in Germany by the Herrenknecht company.
– The excavation diameter is 8,600 mm and the useful section is 52.28 m².
– The tunnel lining was carried out using prefabricated segments 370 mm thick and 1,600 mm long.
– The “El Portillo” halt is located in the municipality of Calatayud, in the province of Zaragoza.
– The tunnel and halt were put into service in 2008.